Apple Crumble Bars have a sweet, creamy apple filling layered between a crumbly oat topping and crust. Drizzle the tops with caramel for one amazing treat!
I thought it was time for me to post a delicious apple treat! These Apple Crumble Bars are just that and then some. They have a sweet, creamy apple filling layered between a crumbly oat topping and crust. It is a must, in my opinion, to drizzle the tops with caramel sauce. 🙂
Apple crisp has always been one of my favorite treats to make during the fall season, and these bars are remind me of it. I guess it basically is apple crisp just in bar form.
One of the many great things about this recipe is that is only has 4 ingredients! (I love recipes like that) and one of those ingredients is a box cake mix. The cake mix gives it a distinct flavor that is absolutely yummy and had us all going back for seconds.
I served our Apple Crumble Bars warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I don’t know what it is about apple treats, but I typically can’t have one without vanilla ice cream. It is a match made in heaven!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE MORE OF OUR FAVORITE APPLE TREATS!
Apple Crumble Bars
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix (you will only need the mix. Not the other ingredients called for on the box)
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple filling or topping
- Caramel syrup/ topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the dry cake mix and oats. Add melted butter and mix until combined and crumbly. Press ⅔ of the mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread apple filling over crust in a single layer. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from oven. Allow bars to cool for 15 minutes or more, before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!