Apple Crumble Bars have a sweet, creamy apple filling layered between a crumbly oat topping and crust. Drizzle the tops with caramel for one amazing fall treat!
I thought it was time for me to post a delicious apple fall treat! These Apple Crumble Bars are just that and then some. They have a sweet, creamy apple filling layered between a crumbly oat topping and crust. It is a must, in my opinion, to drizzle the tops with caramel sauce. 🙂
Apple crisp has always been one of my favorite treats to make this time of year and these Apple Crumble Bars recipe reminds me so much of it. I guess it basically is apple crisp just in bar form. These apple bars have only 4 ingredients! (I love recipes like that) and one of those ingredients is a box cake mix. The cake mix gives it a distinct flavor that is absolutely yummy and had us all going back for seconds.
I served our Apple Crumble Bars warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I don’t know what it is about apple treats, but I typically can’t have one without vanilla ice cream. haha. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but it sure is good!
Apple Crumble Bars
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix (you will only need the mix. Not the other ingredients called for on the box)
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple filling or topping
- Caramel, for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the dry cake mix and oats. Add melted butter and mix until combined and crumbly.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread apple filling over crust in a single layer. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes or more before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from: Mandy’s Recipe Box