This Caramel Apple Poke Cake is still visiting my dreams ever since I made it. It is light, moist and filled with caramel apple flavor. 🙂
The recipe starts off as a typical poke cake. Once the cake is baked and cooled you poke holes all over then drizzle on the sweetened condensed milk goodness. It’s what comes after that takes it to caramel apple paradise. The apple pie filling. Chunks of apples and glaze… Oh, goodness. It seeps down into the holes and makes this cake completely delicious!
The whip cream and caramel sauce top it off to cake bliss heaven. This cake is seriously amazing, and would be a nice (and yummy) change to your Thanksgiving day dessert table!
Caramel Apple Poke Cake
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) white cake mix
- including the eggs, water and oil needed for the cake mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups canned apple pie filling
- 1 container (8 ounces) cool whip, thawed Or fresh whipped cream
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- Prepare the cake according to the directions on the box in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Once the cake is cooled, use a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly throughout the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cake, trying to fill up the holes.
- Chop the apples up (contained in the apple pie filling) into smaller pieces. Spread the chopped apple pie filling evenly over the cake.
- Top cake with cool whip or whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve each slice with drizzles of caramel sauce. Enjoy!