Caramel Apple Sheet Cake is a delicious cinnamon apple cake with a warm caramel glaze. This apple cake is the perfect dessert to serve to a large crowd!
Looking for more cake recipes? Try these: Raspberry Cream Cake, Hot Fudge Pudding Cake, Caramel Apple Poke Cake and Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I don’t know what has come over me lately, but I have really been in to desserts. Maybe it’s the cooler weather now that fall is here, but I am totally into baking these days. I love it. 🙂
Caramel Apple Sheet Cake is a delicious cinnamon apple cake with a heavenly and warm caramel glaze. It’s the latest treat I baked last week and it turned out so wonderful!
This apple cake is moist, full of flavor, and the sweet caramel glaze on top only adds to its perfection.
The caramel glaze melts right into the cake, so it ensures lots of glaze goodness with every bite! When I had a second piece the next day I served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It only made it that much more amazing.
Sheet cakes are always a great option to serve a crowd. If you are having guests over for a party or holiday get-together then put this cake on the list. It will be an absolute hit!
Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
Recipe type: Cake, Dessert, Apple, Caramel, Sheet Cake, Fall
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter (I always use salted butter)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup caramel syrup (caramel ice cream topping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 17 x 12-inch sheet pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- FOR CAKE: In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, both sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg. Use a whisk to combine and sift together. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add butter and water. Stir until butter melts. Bring to a boil, once it starts to boil remove from heat and add flour mixture. Stir to combine. Then stir in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Fold in chopped apples.
- Spread cake batter evenly into the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool slightly while you make the glaze.
- For GLAZE: Place butter and milk in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat until butter melts. Using a whisk, stir in powdered sugar, caramel syrup and vanilla. Stir until smooth and combined.
- Pour glaze evenly over warm cake. Let stand 20 minutes or so before serving. Slice into squares and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Chef in Training