This Pumpkin Cake is moist and fluffy with the perfect cream cheese frosting to finish it off! Grab a glass of cold milk and enjoy a slice or two of this incredible cake!
This cake is probably one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever tasted! It is so moist, yet fluffy and filled with so much pumpkin flavor! 🙂 One of the key ingredients in this cake is apple sauce. It replaces half of the oil typically used, and makes it a little bit healthier (just a little. ha!) and extra moist and delish!
When it comes to pumpkin treats, it is cakes and bars that I love. I’m not a big fan of pumpkin pie. At all. I think it’s a texture thing. I love a soft, fluffy cake that melts in your mouth like this cake does. And that frosting. Oh, I adore some classic cream cheese frosting, and it just finishes this cake off with perfection! 🙂
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Moist and fluffy Pumpkin cake with a sweet and rich Cream cheese frosting!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, apple sauce and pumpkin puree. Stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined. (No need for an electric mixer!)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir with a clean whisk to sift and combine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to wet mixture, just until combined. Batter will be thick. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake cake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Beat with an electric hand-mixer on medium speed until well combined. Gradually blend in powdered sugar. Frost cake with frosting and serve!
Store cake covered in fridge for up to 4 days.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 391mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 47g
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST FOOD BOARD!