Pumpkin Cobbler is the ultimate fall dessert with a fluffy pumpkin cake on top and warm caramel sauce on the bottom!
Are you a pumpkin lover? I am definitely a fan but not of ALL pumpkin treats. I love them all except for pumpkin pie. It’s way too mushy for me. haha. But give me some pumpkin bread, cookies or cobbler and I am sold!
This pumpkin cobbler is so amazing, my friends. It bakes beautifully into a warm bread-like cake with a gooey pumpkin-caramel sauce below. It’s what my pumpkin-loving dreams are all about. Amen. 😉
After I dug into this delicious cobbler I thought how great it would be to add some milk chocolate chips! I mean, it is amazing as is, but I am a chocolate girl to the core, and I think sprinkling a few on top right when it comes out of the oven would only lead to perfection. Next time I’m trying that for sure.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Add pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Stir with a spatula until combined. Batter will be thick. Spread batter evenly into the bottom of prepared dish.
- Whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over the top.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, uncovered. (The cake will rise to the top and the caramel sauce (topping) will be in the bottom.) Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate chips, if desired. Enjoy!