Pumpkin Torte has moist pumpkin cake layers with pumpkin whipped cream. It’s then topped with loads of caramel sauce and toffee. This delicious torte has wow-factor written all over it!
This is a Pumpkin Torte. Isn’t she a beaut? 🙂 I served this to our friends we had over for dinner last Friday night. When I took it out of the fridge to serve everyone was ooing and awing! It has wow-factor written all over it and it couldn’t be easier to make!
Moist pumpkin cake layers with pumpkin whipped cream in between, then topped with loads of caramel sauce and chopped toffee. Mmmm Heaven!
I think this would be a TERRIFIC dessert to serve at Thanksgiving, instead of traditional pie. You will most definitely win the hearts of everyone who attends the feast, and rest assured this cake will go fast!
Moist pumpkin cake layers with pumpkin whipped cream in between. This cake is not only gorgeous but delicious!
Write a review
- 1 (regular size) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container cool whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide and pour the cake batter evenly among the two baking pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cakes for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, remaining pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Beat mixture until very smooth. Fold in the cool whip.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place one layer of cake onto a large serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the filling evenly over the top. Repeat layers 3 more times, ending with the filling on the very top. Sprinkle the toffee bits all over the top and then drizzle with caramel sauce. Store cake in the fridge.
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home