This was the best cake I’ve ever eaten.
A warm apple cake drenched in buttery, gooey caramel sauce…. Holeeeee cow! SO good!
I love that this cake screams Fall. I have been patiently waiting for Fall to arrive. We’re still soaring in the high 90’s here in So. Utah, and I can’t take it anymore! I am so ready for cool crisp air, to wear some jeans, and decorate my house for Halloween! (which I’m going to do next weekend anyway…)
So if you’re like me, then whip up this delicious delight as soon as possible. Serve it with some vanilla ice cream and you will NOT be disappointed!
Caramel Apple Pound Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium Red apples ( I used Red delicious) , peeled and finely chopped (2 cups)
- Caramel Glaze:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In a large bowl, add the granulated sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs. With an electric hand mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour, apple pie spice, salt and baking soda until just combined. Stir in apple pieces.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, and then invert onto a cooling rack.
- For Caramel Glaze: Place all glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat. Stir until butter melts, and then comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Spoon glaze all over the warm cake.
- Cut cake into slices and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!♥