If you love Cafe Rio then you will love this copycat version of their chicken. This recipe slowly cooks in the crock pot and creates a delicious and tender Mexican chicken!
This is a copycat version of Cafe Rio’s chicken and it is HEAVENLY, my friends! It’s another one of those amazing crock pot meals that I just love. It is so flavorful and your house will smell so good as it cooks! This chicken is perfect to use in tacos, burritos, and on salads. You will love it anyway you choose to eat it!
Cafe Rio Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 packet (1 ounce) ranch dressing/seasoning mix (mix with 1/2 cup of water)
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients in a greased crock pot. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low heat for 2 to 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Shred chicken with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos, etc.