Oven Baked Soft Tacos will become the dinner everyone asks for. Seasoned ground beef loaded up in soft taco shells, then warmed all together in the oven!
I have some pretty exciting news, my friends! I have to tell you all the reason why I’ve been SO busy lately and had to hire contributors to help me out. I am writing my own COOKBOOK! 🙂 Yeeesss! And I could not be more happy. You all know my love of cooking goes back to my childhood. I have been reading cookbooks and food magazines when I could barely start reading. haha. So this is truly a dream come true for me. If anyone ever told me that I would have the opportunity to write my own cookbook one day I would have said, “You crazy.” But seriously, I am thrilled and I will keep you posted on the progress of it.
Okay, on to today’s recipe. These Oven Baked Soft Tacos are my own recipe and they will be in the book! But lucky you, you get the recipe here on the blog too! My family and I are taco-loving fools. We eat them way too much but I don’t care. This oven-baked version is one of my faves I have been making for awhile. The reason I like to make our soft tacos this way is because I don’t have to warm a million tortillas in the microwave before I fill them. I fold all the tortillas in a taco shape and load them up in a 9×13-inch baking pan. Then I fill them with all the delicious meat (you could always add beans too). Pop it in the oven for about 5 minutes to get the shells warm and just ever so slightly crisp.
I don’t have to tell you what the next best thing about a taco is that you can use whatever toppings your heart desires. We love chopped tomatoes, green leaf lettuce and lots of Queso! I buy the jars from Mission brand and heat it up in the microwave right after the tacos are out of the oven. Then drizzle it all over the tops. Talk about yum!
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 8 to 10 soft flour tortillas (I use fajita size)
- Taco Toppings of your choice:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place ground beef in a large non-stick skillet. Add onion, garlic powder and taco seasoning to beef. Cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Meanwhile, fold flour tortillas in a taco shape and place side by side in a 9x13 inch baking pan. (I fit 6 down the center and 2 on each side) Fill the tortillas with even amounts of beef mixture.
- Place pan in oven and bake 5 to 8 minutes or until shells are heated through.
- Carefully remove from oven and fill tacos with all your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
- Makes 10 tacos (5 servings. 2 tacos per serving)