Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are a sweet and zesty twist on a traditional Mexican dish. Perfectly balanced, this flavor combination is so delicious and family-friendly!
I try to bring balance to both my home and food. It’s essential for a happy home, and unforgettable dinners. My Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are a flavorful fusion of sweet, tart, and savory. This delicious dinner is easy to assemble and just as easy to eat every last bite. My family loves these enchiladas!
WHAT MAKES THE ENCHILADAS SWEET AND SAVORY?
This list of ingredients you need to make these enchiladas is small yet impactful. The three main flavor components are honey, lime juice, and chili powder. This combination mixed with freshly shredded chicken is perfection, in my opinion. The tender meat soaks up all the flavor and balances everything out perfectly. Let the mixture marinate for at least 30 minutes before you assemble to ensure maximum flavor.
HOW DO I ASSEMBLE THE ENCHILADAS?
After the chicken mixture has marinated, place it down the center of flour tortillas with some cheese. Roll up tightly then lay in prepared pan. Repeat this until you’ve used up all the chicken. The recipe should make 10 enchiladas. Spread the enchilada sauce and shredded Monterey jack cheese over the top then bake. Get ready for one of the best dinners of your life!
HOW DO I COOK THE CHICKEN FOR THE ENCHILADAS?
Any cooked chicken can be used in this recipe. If you have some chicken sitting in your freezer that needs to be used, this is the best time to thaw it and get cooking! A rotisserie chicken also works great for this recipe. If you have some time, try slow cooking your chicken in a crock pot with a little chicken broth to keep it moist.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE PERFECTLY BALANCED DINNERS!
Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Tacos – Flavorful tacos with zesty ranch flavored chicken.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken – Juicy chicken breast grilled with a cilantro and lime marinade.
Lemon Garlic Steak Bites – Tender bits of steak prepared in garlic and lemon juice for a balanced flavor.
White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna – A hearty meal full of chicken, spinach and lasagna noodles in a savory white sauce.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe)
- 10 flour tortillas (taco size)
- 16 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F. degrees. Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together and then mix with the shredded chicken. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan and a 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray. Pour a little bit of the green enchilada sauce on the bottom of each pan.Take one tortilla and fill with chicken and a few tablespoons of cheese down the center of the tortilla. (Make sure to save at least 1 ½ cups cheese to sprinkle over top of enchiladas.)Roll up and place in prepared pans. Repeat with all tortillas, chicken and cheese.
- Mix together the remaining enchilada sauce and heavy cream. Pour sauce over the tops of enchiladas (depending on how saucy you like your enchiladas, you may not need to use all of the sauce. Eyeball it.)Sprinkle the reserved cheese evenly over the tops of all the enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole or any toppings you love. Enjoy!