Pasta dishes are the ultimate comfort food to me. I totally love them. My waistline doesn’t but it’s okay. 😉 What I love about this CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA is how easy AND delicious it is. The homemade alfredo sauce is a cinch to make, and the whole thing comes together in just about 30 minutes. A perfect dinner to make on those crazy weeknights.
The amount of cajun seasoning was perfect for my family. Even my kids ate it just fine. I think with the addition of the alfredo sauce helps neutralize the heat. If you’re worried about that at all you can always cut back on it a little. But no matter what, I promise you’re going to love this awesome dish! Be sure to make some garlic bread to go with it, so you can dunk it in that heavenly sauce. 😀
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, if desired
- In a large Ziploc bag, add chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil and cajun seasoning. Rub and shake to coat chicken.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook about 6 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and cover with foil keep warm.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Wipe skillet clean (be careful it will be hot!) and melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until slightly thickened. If the mixture is too thick, add more heavy cream as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with chicken, garnished with tomatoes and parsley, if desired.