This Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes is a quick and easy meal to make. This pasta dish is so delicious- you’ll have everyone thinking you ordered it from an Italian restaurant!
More incredible pasta dishes you should try: Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake, Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake, Creamy Pasta Primavera and Cajun Chicken Pasta.
Pasta is definitely one of the best comfort foods. I try not to eat it a lot, but when I do I’m one happy girl. 🙂 This Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes is simply AMAZING. All of the flavors blend so well together making for one awesome dish!
I liked how easy this recipe came together. It was really simple to make and so so good. I served it with a side of cheesy garlic bread (recipe coming Friday!) and the whole family dug right in. Honestly, the kids were picking out the sun-dried tomatoes (ugh, of course) but other than that they loved it! This was a great family-friendly meal.
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Penne pasta
- 1 small jar (4 oz.) sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups half and half* (see note)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add cubed chicken to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in center. (About 10 minutes or so.)
- Meanwhile, cook Penne pasta in a large pot of water until cooked. Drain water.
- Drain oil from sun-dried tomato jar. Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Add tomatoes to skillet with the garlic and paprika. Cook and stir mixture for a couple minutes.
- Add half and half, and the Mozzarella cheese to skillet. Stir to combine and let mixture come to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until cheese melts and a creamy sauce forms.
- Pour drained pasta into the skillet then the basil and crushed red pepper flakes. Carefully stir to combine everything. Simmer 5 more minutes to heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Half and Half is equal parts whole milk and light cream. You can always replace this with heavy cream in this recipe.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST FOOD BOARD!