This Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes is a quick and easy meal to make. This pasta dish is so delicious- you’ll have everyone thinking you ordered it from an Italian restaurant!
Pasta is definitely one of the best comfort foods. I try not to eat it a lot, but when I do I’m one happy girl. 🙂 This Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes is simply AMAZING. All of the flavors blend so well together making for one awesome dish!
I liked how easy this recipe came together. It was really simple to make and so so good. I served it with a side of cheesy garlic bread (recipe coming Friday!) and the whole family dug right in. Honestly, the kids were picking out the sun-dried tomatoes (ugh, of course) but other than that they loved it! This was a great family-friendly meal.
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces dried Penne pasta
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ cups half and half* see note
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add cubed chicken to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in center. (About 10 minutes or so.)
- Meanwhile, boil Penne pasta in a large pot of water until fully cooked. Drain water.
- Drain oil from sun-dried tomato jar. Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Add tomatoes to skillet with the garlic and paprika. Cook and stir mixture for a couple minutes.
- Add half and half, and the Mozzarella cheese to skillet. Stir to combine and let mixture come to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until cheese melts and a creamy sauce forms.
- Pour drained pasta into the skillet then the basil and crushed red pepper flakes. Carefully stir to combine everything. Simmer 5 more minutes to heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST FOOD BOARD!