If you need a delicious dinner for your family tonight then look no further. These Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells are a family-favorite and easy to make!
Try these amazing pasta dishes too- Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake, Creamy Pasta Primavera, Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Cajun Chicken Pasta.
I’m always looking for new dinner ideas. Of course, having a food blog I need new recipes to post. But way before I had my blog I loved searching for new ideas! I have countless food magazines, cookbooks and I’m a big stalker of food blogs too. 😉
I came across this recipe for Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells from Lauren’s blog Tastes Better From Scratch. (Her recipes are amazing so make sure to check out her blog!) I printed her recipe for these the minute I saw it and knew they were going to be awesome.
Shredded chicken and broccoli are combined with Alfredo sauce and stuffed inside jumbo pasta shells. So quick, easy and so good! I changed just a few things from her recipe. It was a busy day so I used store bought Alfredo to save on time. I know, I know- homemade is 100 million times better, so next time I make it I’ll be making the homemade. I also added garlic powder to the chicken for extra flavor. It was one tasty dinner and the leftovers the next day were even better!
Friends, these turned out so yummy and my family just loved them too. I make them on our monthly dinner rotation because they’re that good! 😀
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 1 (12 oz.) box Jumbo Shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen broccoli florets (steamed then chopped)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce OR use the homemade Alfredo recipe below
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- ⅔ cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- ¾ cup freshly shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions, just until al dente. Drain water and lay shells out on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let shells cool completely.
FOR HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE
- Combine butter, garlic, heavy cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- FOR STUFFING SHELLS: In a large bowl add chicken, garlic powder, salt and pepper and chopped broccoli. Toss to combine. Pour in 1 cup Alfredo sauce and stir together. Add a spoonful of Alfredo sauce to the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Fill shells with a large spoonful of chicken and broccoli mixture and place in prepared pan.
- Pour remaining Alfredo sauce evenly over the shells. Sprinkle tops with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!