Slow cooked chicken breasts with taco seasoning, ranch seasoning and chicken broth. Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Tacos are a new and delicious taco variation.
We all knew it was coming, and here it is again: Taco Tuesday! 🙂 Honestly, one of my favorite days of the week. Tacos are always such a crowd pleaser, but they can be somewhat predictable. Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Tacos are a great way to switch things up and will keep everyone in the family happy and satisfied with their taco fix.
In a crock pot mix together taco seasoning mix ranch seasoning mix and sprinkle over chicken breasts. Pour the chicken broth in and cover with the lid. Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
This will give you a perfect window to get some odds and ends done around the home while dinner basically prepares itself. After the chicken is fully cooked, shred the meat in the crock pot with two forks. The chicken will be so juicy and tender that it will basically fall apart.
Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Tacos go great with either corn or flour tortillas. I like to prepare a little bit of both to keep everyone in my family grinning. Serve with sides of Colby jack cheese, cilantro, salsa, and extra ranch dressing to create a homemade taco bar. These tacos are so good that I would be surprised if you have any left over.
CAN I USE CHICKEN FOR OTHER THAN TACOS?
Yes! Use Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch meat to fill enchiladas, or put over the top of nachos!
HOW DO I ADD A LITTLE HEAT TO THE MEAT?
If you and your family like things spicy add a teaspoon of red pepper chili flakes to meat while cooking.
HOW DO I AVOID A SLOPPY TACO?
Use a slotted spoon when serving taco meat to drain excess juices before serving.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE MORE TACO TUESDAY FAVORITES!
Mexican Rice– Mexican style rice that is the perfect side to any Spanish style dish.
Sweet Pork Tacos– Sweet tender pork, Monterey jack cheese, and pineapple salsa.
Taco Lettuce Wraps– Seasoned ground beef, corn, black beans, cheese, taco sauce, all wrapped in a lettuce.
Baked Chicken Taquitos– Crispy flour tortillas wrapped around creamy cheesy Mexican chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet (1 ounce) ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 taco size tortillas (corn or flour)
- Taco Toppings: lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa, etc.
- Ranch Dressing (as much as you'd like)
- Grease a large slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom.
- Sprinkle both taco seasoning and ranch seasoning mixes all over the chicken breasts. Then pour chicken broth all over the top.Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Carefully shred cooked chicken with two forks. Serve in tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings. And don't forget the ranch dressing! 😉