This cake. It is a classic that I’m sure you’ve either had or heard of before. Am I right? Jello Poke Cakes have been around forever because they are so dang delicious. Since Valentine’s Day is only a few days away I thought it would be perfect timing to share this purty cake.
I think it was my Mom that first introduced me to Jello Poke Cakes, and of course I fell in-love at first bite. It is moist and packed with so much flavor- the only problem is that you’ll have a hard time stopping at just one piece. This cake is not rich by any means so it is easy to devour and go for seconds! (If that’s a bad thing, I guess.) 😉
Another thing I love about this cake is how simple it is to prepare. You can use any ol’ box cake mix (I prefer white so the color of the jello really shows) and I’ve made it with yellow. Both are amazing. You can always try a homemade cake and I’m sure it would be even better. The second part is the topping. I use cool whip and I am not ashamed in any way. Homemade whipped cream is even better (duh), so when I have time I will whip up the good stuff. But we are happy campers with cool whip too. Either way, this cake is a winner. 🙂
- 1 box white cake mix
- (eggs, oil and water called for on package)
- 1 (3 oz.) box Strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 oz.) container cool whip, thawed
- sliced strawberries, for garnish
- Prepare and bake cake in a 9x13 inch baking pan, according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake.
- Mix together jello powder and boiling water until jello dissolves. Carefully pour mixture evenly over the top of cake. Cover and place in fridge to chill for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, spread cool whip evenly over the top of cake. Cut in pieces and serve with sliced strawberries. Enjoy!