Baked Chicken Taquitos are crispy flour tortillas wrapped around a warm center of creamy and cheesy Mexican chicken. The whole family will love these delicious taquitos!
Baked Chicken Taquitos are crispy flour tortillas wrapped around a warm center of creamy and cheesy Mexican chicken. Baking the taquitos in the oven means they stay on the healthier side, while maintaining a delicious crispy outside. If you’re feeling naughty, you can definitely deep fry them to make them even tastier.
Taquitos are basically a smaller burrito or rolled up taco. I believe they are traditionally made with corn tortillas, but I prefer flour. They are so good with flour tortillas. 🙂
You can stuff them with whatever meat you want, steak and rotisserie chicken are my personal favorites. This is a wonderful recipe to use a Rotisserie chicken for. It will save you lots of prep time!
Top these amazing Baked Chicken Taquitos with whatever your heart desires: sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and my homemade salsa are some great options!
Another bonus with these taquitos is that they are freezer friendly (unbaked). So if you’ve got a busy week you can make extra then freeze them to have a meal for another day. And if that wasn’t sweet enough, they only take about 15-20 minutes to bake. Meaning you can have these babies made in no time!
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 2 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken (a Rotisserie chicken would work great for this recipe)
- 5 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas (OR about 20 corn tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, lime juice, salsa verde, onion, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin. Then add cilantro, green onion and cheese. Stir in shredded chicken last. Mix well to combine everything.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave until just warm. This will help prevent them from cracking while rolling up the taquitos.Take one tortilla and spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll them up and place seam side down onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken mixture and tortillas. Line side by side. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!