These yummy burritos are a copy-cat version of the ones from Taco Time fast food chain. Cheesy, refried beans wrapped inside a crisp flour tortilla. Fan-freakin’-tastic! This recipe is a simple homemade version that I actually like better than the real thing!
These are super simple burritos. If you’re watching calories and fat then skip the pan frying first, and just bake them. You could also adjust this recipe by adding chopped onion, green chiles or whatever your taste buds love. We love them just as I wrote the recipe. Simple, yet certainly delicious… and of course dipped in salsa, sour cream and guac. 🙂
- 5- 6 inch flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay tortillas out on a flat surface. Spread ⅓ cup refried beans onto the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of cheese. Roll tortilla up; keeping ends open. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beans and cheese.
- Lay 2 burritos into the skillet and fry for 30 seconds or so until golden brown. Flip onto other side and fry another 30 seconds. Lay fried burritos onto a paper-towel lined plate. Repeat frying process with all burritos.
- Place fried burritos onto a cookie sheet. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes. Serve burritos with salsa, sour cream and guacamole! Enjoy ♥