Hey guys. Happy hump day! 😉 I actually hate that saying so don’t ask why I used it. I’m just glad it’s Wednesday I guess. Tomorrow night Kale and I are going to watch a live version of Thriller out at the Tuacahn amphitheater. I’ve heard it’s really amazing and that there are live ‘zombies’ that come out into the audience. That creeps me out just a bit. I hope they don’t come up and bug me… ha!
I’m pretty excited about today’s recipe. It’s a good one. This is called a BAKED BURRITO CASSEROLE and was officially declared Kelsey’s new favorite dinner the night we had it. 🙂
Layers of flour tortillas, beans, meat and cheese are all inside this comforting dish. It’s a busy Moms dream come true on a hectic week night! It comes together quickly yet it sure doesn’t taste like it. It really is delicious! I topped ours off with chopped green onion, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Y.U.M.M.O
Baked Burrito Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
- ½ cup water
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 soft-taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, crumble and brown ground beef and onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Add taco seasoning, refried beans and water to skillet. Stir to combine and heat through.
- In a separate bowl, combine mushroom soup with the sour cream.
- Add a layer of 3 flour tortillas in the bottom of the prepared dish. Spread half of the soup/sour cream mixture over tortillas in an even layer.
- Spread a layer of half the ground beef mixture then top with one cup of cheese.
- Repeat all of these layers and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!