Chile Colorado Burritos are the most incredible and flavorful beef burritos you’ll ever taste. The meat slow cooks in the crock pot, so you don’t have to worry about it until you’re ready to eat!
I am obsessed with Mexican food. My hubby will agree. It is without a doubt, my favorite comfort food. Whenever we go out to eat I always vote for a Mexican restaurant, and he always looks at me like I’m nuts and says, “Seriously?” Ha!
The flavors and textures in Mexican cuisine is so good. I can’t get enough. These Chile Colorado Burritos were some of the best I’ve ever made (and devoured). It’s a crock pot meal which makes them even more amazing. Anything that makes my life a little easier is amazing to me. 😉
This is a ‘throw everything in the crock pot’ meal before you head to work, and when you come home, your house will smell delicious! With only 5 more minutes of prep time, dinner will be ready quickly!
Chile Colorado Burritos
- 2 pounds stew meat or other cubed beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) mild red enchilada sauce ( I only use about 3/4 of the can)
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilis
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick spray. Add in the stew meat, enchilada sauce, green chiles and beef bullion cubes. Cover with lid and turn on low heat. Cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- After 8 or 9 hours, remove lid from crock pot and stir mixture together. The meat is ready, if it easily breaks apart. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup of meat mixture into the center of one tortilla. Roll up burrito-style and place into a 9×13 baking dish. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the tops of burritos, and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Place under broiler in the oven, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve burritos with all your favorite toppings. (Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc) Enjoy!