Seven Layer Dip is a creamy Mexican dip with layers of beans, sour cream, tomato, cheese and more. This is always a hit when I serve it at parties!
Seven-layer dip is the greatest dip of all time. Well, I think so anyway. I am a Mexican food fanatic, and can never get enough of it. Whenever I’m around this dip, I usually have to ask someone to pry me away from it because I could eat it all in one sitting : /
I like to use the ‘freshest’ ingredients possible when I make this. I use this homemade salsa for the salsa layer, and I recommend using fresh, grated cheddar cheese. Not the pre-shredded packaged stuff. I’ve never made my own guacamole (which is on my to-make list) so I use my grocery stores fresh guacamole they make daily. It is good!
Seven Layer Dip
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh guacamole
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Tortilla Chips
- IN A SMALL BOWL, MIX TOGETHER THE REFRIED BEANS AND TACO SEASONING UNTIL COMBINED. SPREAD MIXTURE EVENLY INTO THE BOTTOM OF A 9-INCH GLASS DEEP DISH PIE PLATE OR A 8×8 GLASS BAKING DISH.SPREAD THE GUACAMOLE EVENLY OVER THE TOP OF THE BEANS. THEN SPREAD THE SOUR CREAM EVENLY OVER THE GUACAMOLE.
- USE A SLOTTED SPOON TO DRAIN ANY EXCESS LIQUID FROM THE SALSA, AND THEN SPOON SALSA OVER THE TOP OF THE SOUR CREAM. SPRINKLE THE CHEESE EVENLY OVER THE SALSA. SPRINKLE THE OLIVES AND GREEN ONIONS OVER THE CHEESE.COVER DIP WITH SARAN WRAP AND PLACE IN FRIDGE FOR AT LEAST 1 TO 2 HOURS TO CHILL. SERVE WITH TORTILLA CHIPS.
8 thoughts on “Seven Layer Dip”
Seven layer dip is the best! I’m going to have to try your homemade salsa and use that the next time I make it!
A classic recipe and SO GOOD!
I´m portuguese I live in portugal, I love your recipe and your blog.Sorry my english
Dips are my weakness… this is a must try!
I could eat my weight in this!
I love making this! I like to mix a container of cream cheese with the sour cream layer as well,it is so addictive!
I put the taco seasoning in the sour cream and top with chopped lettuce too
How many servings will this make?