These copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwiches taste just like the ones from the famous fast food chain! There is a secret ingredient that make these taste so amazing!
This week is all about copycat recipes! Today’s copycat recipe is one of my favorites. I’m a die hard Chick-fil-A fan. I could eat there every single day and not get bored with their food. I love their salads, wraps and those addicting chicken nuggets, but I have to admit, it’s their chicken sandwich that wins my heart every time. 😀
When I found this copycat version I was so excited to try it. On my hunt for this recipe, I also found out that Chick-fil-A has a secret ingredient that makes their chicken so flavorful. Pickle juice! Crazy, huh. They (supposedly) brine/marinate the chicken in pickle juice before sending it off to their stores. Well, I tried it. I soaked the chicken in pickle juice for 2 hours before breading and cooking it, and let’s just say, we ALL loved it. My kiddos scarfed these down. It was a super yummy, close to the real thing, copycat recipe!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup dill pickle juice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 4 Hamburger buns
- pickles slices
- romaine lettuce
- tomato slices
- Slice each chicken breast in half, lengthwise, to form 4 thin cutlets. Place chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour in pickle juice. Seal bag shut and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for 1 - 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Remove chicken from pickle juice. Dip each piece in the egg/ milk mixture, and then into the flour mixture. Coat well. Shake off excess flour.
- When oil is ready, fry 2 pieces at a time for 3 - 4 minutes on each side. You want it cooked through on the inside, and the outside should be golden-brown. Place chicken on a paper-towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat with other 2 chicken cutlets.
- Serve chicken on toasted buns with pickles, lettuce and tomato. Enjoy!