Loaded Baked Potato Soup is thick, creamy and delicious. It’s filled with soft potatoes, bacon and topped with cheese and green onion.
Now that cold, chilly weather is in full effect, all I want is comforting and warm food to feed my belly. This Loaded Baked Potato soup fits that bill.
This incredible soup is thick, creamy, baked potato heaven. Garnish it with bacon, cheese and green onions, and you’ll be in comfort food heaven, my friends. 😉
If you plan this in advance, and bake the potatoes the day before, this soup is perfect to make on a busy weeknight. If not, save it for the weekend and you’ll be glad you did. It is nothing short of pure deliciousness and makes for amazing leftovers!
MORE DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 4 to 5 medium russet potatoes
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour divided
- 6 cups milk I used 2%
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped cooked bacon pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and then place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven, and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Scoop the insides of the potatoes into a large bowl, discarding the peels. Take a knife and break apart the potatoes into small chunks.
- In a large dutch oven or pot, melt the butter. Add the flour into the pot and whisk into the butter. Cook, and whisk constantly for 1 minute, or until golden brown. Whisk in the milk. Cook until thick and bubbly, about 10 or so minutes.Mix in the potato chunks. Whisk in the salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Continue to whisk until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat, then stir in sour cream and green onions. Serve immediately. Garnish with extra sour cream, cheese, green onion and bacon, as desired. Enjoy ♥