Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is absolutely delicious! This creamy soup is made with fresh broccoli, carrots and other ingredients you may already have on hand. Add this soup to your must-make list!
Broccoli Cheese Soup has been one of my favorites FOR-EV-ER. Seriously, forever. I think broccoli is a veggie you either hate or love, and I definitely have always loved it. Even more so in soup form!
I do have another Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe on my blog, which is AMAZING, but thought it was time for a slow cooker version. I’m sure you could do that one in the slow cooker but I wanted to try this version from one of my favorite bloggers Erin at Well Plated. Hers looked so good I couldn’t resist, so I whipped it up last week for dinner.
I did make just a few changes to her recipe. I doubled it for one. I knew that if I was going to make this soup I would need a lot. haha. I also added more cream cheese, left out the nutmeg because I didn’t have any (I’m sure the nutmeg only adds to the deliciousness) but i wasn’t willing to run to the store for just nutmeg. And shocker, I did cut down on the amount of broccoli that is in it. Just a little, but it worked and it worked perfectly.
We all happily devoured this soup with some homemade bread and strawberry butter. Guys, make this one if you’re a broccoli lover like me. You will love this soup. 🙂 Promise!
MORE DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPES:
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 8 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups freshly grated carrots
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk I used 2%
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Spray cooking spray in the insert of a large 7 quart slow cooker. Place the broccoli, carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom of slow cooker. Stir to combine. Next, add the cubed cream cheese, oregano and chicken broth. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours. OR on high heat 3 hours.
- Remove lid and pour in milk and heavy whipping cream. Stir. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until it is smooth. (If you don’t have an immersion blender you can carefully transfer hot soup by one cup batches to a blender and blend until smooth. Return soup to slow cooker after.)
- Let soup heat back up in slow cooker for another 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and one cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Serve soup warm with additional cheese, if desired. Enjoy!