Honey Lime Shrimp is sweet, tender baked shrimp with fresh lime and honey flavors. This recipe is delicious and so simple to make!
This is the very first seafood recipe I’ve posted on the blog, so let’s give it a warm welcome, mmm kay? 😉 Ha! I’m honestly not the biggest seafood lover, but I do LOVE me some shrimp. Baked, fried, I love it all ways!
I think my favorite kind of shrimp is Coconut Shrimp (and I’ll be sharing that recipe soon!) But first, I wanted to share this absolutely delicious Honey Lime Shrimp. It is so good!
I first made this recipe for a Murder Mystery party I had back in December. It was such a hit! The flavors of lime and just a hint of sweetness from the honey are so perfect. It cooks quickly ( in under 10 minutes) so I put it in the fridge to marinate an hour before the party, and as everyone arrived I popped it in the oven. My house smelled so yummy, and it was gone in no time.
In the summer, if you don’t feel like turning on your oven, this shrimp easily cooks up in a skillet, too!
Honey Lime Shrimp
- 1 ½ pounds small or large shrimp peeled, deveined and tails-off
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- juice of 2 small limes
- zest of one lime
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Once combined, add the shrimp. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal shut. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Remove shrimp bag from the fridge and discard half of the marinade.
- Place the shrimp and remaining marinade onto the baking sheet, spreading out in one even layer. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until shrimp are pink and start to curl up. Serve immediately.
11 thoughts on “Honey Lime Shrimp”
YAY Shrimp recipes!!! I absolutely love your blog. I share your recipes all the time with friends! I am a huge seafood fan & have noticed that you don’t have shrimp recipes. I have a mexican version of a shrimp scampi recipe that I make all the time & every time I do I think it reminds me of something you might make. Message me for the recipe if you are interested 🙂 Cheers!
April! That sounds awesome, I definitely need that recipe! 🙂
I still don’t have any seafood recipes on my blog! But these sound good.
Could you use this recipe with Chicken or different cuts of beef?
I would imagine you could use the marinade with any type of meat, but I haven’t tried it. Let me know if you do!
DELICIOUS!!! We devoured these – we have two boys (12 & 15) and could have easily eaten two lbs I bet! The marinade is great – I used only one clove of garlic since my boys aren’t huge garlic fans but other than that, made the marinade exactly as directed! Definitely not too “limey” – just a wonderful combination of flavors. Our 12 year old can be picky and has only tried shrimp once before but really enjoyed these. Thx for posting! Oh – and the timeframe for baking was right on – they were perfect at the nine minute mark (I used shrimp that was medium in size). Thx again!