This is the very first seafood recipe I’ve posted on the blog, so let’s give it a warm welcome, mmm kay? 😉 Ha! I’m honestly not the biggest seafood lover, but I do LOVE me some shrimp. Baked, fried, I love it all ways! I think my favorite kind of shrimp is Coconut Shrimp (and I’ll be sharing that recipe soon!) But first, I wanted to share this absolutely delicious Honey Lime Shrimp. It is so good!
I first made this recipe for a Murder Mystery party I had back in December. It was such a hit! The flavors of lime and just a hint of sweetness from the honey are so perfect. It cooks quickly ( in under 10 minutes) so I put it in the fridge to marinate an hour before the party, and as everyone arrived I popped it in the oven. My house smelled so yummy, and it was gone in no time.
In the summer, if you don’t feel like turning on your oven, this shrimp easily cooks up in a skillet, too!
Honey Lime Shrimp
Baked shrimp with a hint of lime, honey and spice. So good!
Author: Life in the Lofthouse.com
- 1½ pounds small or large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails-off
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- juice of 2 small limes
- zest of one lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Once combined, add the shrimp. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal shut. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Remove shrimp bag from the fridge and discard half of the marinade.
- Place the shrimp and remaining marinade onto the baking sheet, spreading out in one even layer. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until shrimp are pink and start to curl up. Serve immediately.
FOR SKILLET COOKING: Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in skillet with half of the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes and then flip over and cook on other side for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and curled. Serve immediately.