Shrimp Taco Bites are little pieces of appetizer heaven. They are perfect finger-foods for any holiday party or football Sunday!
The shrimp are soaked in my favorite Honey Lime Shrimp marinade, then quickly pan fried. Place the shrimp on a scoop tortilla chip with some sour cream and guacamole. Easy peasy and so delicious. Everyone will love these! 😀
Shrimp Taco Bites
- 24 large raw shrimp peeled, deveined and tails-off
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- juice of 2 small limes
- zest of one lime
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 scoops tortilla chips
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 large ripe avacado diced
- 1 cup salsa
- fresh cilantro for garnish optional
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Once combined, add the shrimp. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal shut. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in skillet with half of the marinade. (Discard remaining marinade.) Cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Flip over and cook on other side for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and curled. Remove from heat.
- Take one scoop tortilla chip and top with 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1 teaspoon avacado. Place one cooked shrimp over the top. Top with a little salsa and cilantro, if desired. Repeat.