Creamy Fruit Salad is a summer party classic. Sweet fruit, shredded coconut and a surprise creamy mixture that will leave you wanting more!
Hi there friends! Happy Friday! Wow, my week has been so thrown off because of the Independence Day holiday being on a Wednesday. The entire day felt like a lazy Sunday to me. haha. So yesterday I hopped on the blog and almost posted Menu Plan Monday until I realized it was Thursday. 😉
I hope you all had a great 4th of July. Like I said, ours was super relaxing. I prepped for our barbecue that night and we lounged around and watched a couple movies. 🙂
One of the side dishes I made was this delicious Creamy Fruit Salad. It is so yum. I have been making it for about a hundred years. Well, maybe more like 10 years but it feels like forever. I love this fruit salad. I add two special ingredients that add huge flavor!
Those two ingredients I like to use in my Creamy Fruit Salad are Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. I like to use Greek yogurt because it makes me feel like I’m being a little bit healthier, and the little touch of vanilla gives it just another depth of flavor. We love it!
I’m not really sure what the difference between fruit Salad and Ambrosia salad truly is. I do have an Ambrosia Salad recipe on the blog as well. Both are very similar, but I think I like my Creamy Fruit Salad the very best! 😀
Creamy Fruit Salad
- 1 can (10 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium golden delicious apple cored then diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries drained and rinsed
- 1 medium banana sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cool whip, thawed or fresh whipped cream
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweet shredded coconut
- Add pineapple, oranges and apples to a medium bowl. Pour lemon juice over fruit and toss to coat. (This will help prevent the apples from turning brown.)
- Add the cherries and banana. Gently toss. Stir in greek yogurt, vanilla and cool whip.
- Stir in marshmallows and coconut last. Gently toss to combine everything. Cover bowl and place in fridge to let chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!