This Southern staple has been a classic in my home for as long as I can remember. Apples, oranges, pineapples and grapes all tossed together in whipped topping and shredded coconut. It is so delicious! 🙂
I grew up eating this Ambrosia fruit salad at every holiday feast, and of course on the 4th of July! I always looked forward to the Ambrosia salad. It makes any holiday plate extra special.
Servings 4 -6
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries drained and rinsed
- 1 cup green seedless grapes sliced in half
- 1 small red apple cut in chunks
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 8 oz. container cool whip (whipped topping)
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, mandarin oranges, cherries, grapes, apples, marshmallows and coconut. Add yogurt and whipped topping to bowl. Using a spatula fold mixture together gently until all combined.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours before serving.
*Stays fresh covered in refrigerator up to 2 days.