Crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside Baked Lemon Chicken. This chicken recipe is not only healthy, but absolutely delicious!
We eat a lot of chicken during the week, so I’m always thinking of different ways to make it and keep it healthy. The week days are when we try, and I emphasize the word ‘try’, to eat as healthy as we can, so when the weekend comes we can splurge and enjoy ourselves. This Crispy Baked Lemon Chicken is healthy but does not skip out on flavor. It is so good! Winner winner chicken dinner, my friends!
My Ranch Chicken is one of our favorites, so I went with the same concept when making this lemon version. It turned out lip-smacking good! Using corn flakes is genius when it comes to baked chicken. It gives it a great flavor and that crunch! That satisfying crunch we all love with deep-fried chicken.
This delicious chicken also comes together quickly. It is another convenient dinner for those busy weeknights. 🙂
Crispy Baked Lemon Chicken
- 4-6 small chicken breasts
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 2 Tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter melted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Combine the corn flakes, lemon-pepper seasoning, salt and pepper together in a large freezer bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted margarine and lemon juice.
- Take 2 pieces of chicken at a time and dip them into the butter/ lemon juice mixture. Then drop chicken into the freezer bag. Twist the top of bag closed and shake the bag so the chicken is fully coated in crumbs. Place chicken onto the prepared pan, and repeat process with the remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle tops of the coated chicken with the lemon zest. Bake for 25- 30 minutes.