Crock Pot Chocolate Lava Cake is simply amazing. It’s a beautiful, chocolate and delicious cake baked right in the crock pot. It’s so easy to make and so good!
Well, here it is my friends. The wonderful cake I was telling you about, that I baked in my CROCK POT! I know there are many, many awesome things you can do in a crock pot, but I seriously had never heard of baking cakes in them! I was over at Tasty Kitchen checkin out all the great recipes, when I came across this cake.
I was so intrigued. A cake to be made in a crock pot sounded genius and amazing to me! Especially because it was a ‘Lava’ cake. I am in-love with the Molten Chocolate Lava cake at Chilis restaurant! Have any of you had that sinful treat? I LOVE it like no other. I think that Chocolate Lava Cakes are the greatest invention ever! I am such a choc-o-holic that I just could not resist printing this recipe and trying it immediately.
This Crock Pot Chocolate Lava Cake turned out simply AMAZING. It is warm, gooey and chocolate bliss! You have to serve it with vanilla ice cream. There is just no other way to eat it. Period. You can thank me later for telling you about it! ; )
Crock Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- FOR THE FUDGE TOPPING:
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 cups Boiling Water
- Directions for the cake: Mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla until combined. Spread the batter over the bottom of a large crockpot.
- For the fudge topping: Mix together the brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle mixture over the cake batter.
- Pour the boiling water over the top. DO NOT STIR! Cover and cook on High for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- Cake will be very hot! Turn off heat, and remove lid. Let sit 20-30 minutes before serving, so its still warm but wont burn your mouth : ) ENJOY!!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST DESSERT BOARD!