Spaghetti used to be a meal I made once a week. I’d always go back to it because it was easy and everyone liked it. Then I was introduced to the world of food blogs, and started my own. Spaghetti got pushed to the side lines because of all the new recipes I was wanting to make. I honestly don’t think I had made it in over a year, until last week.
My Mom gave me an old cookbook that was made by her and the ladies in the Relief Society in our old church ward. They all had submitted their most tried and true recipes. I was so happy she gave it to me because I knew there would be some gems in there. When I saw this easy Spaghetti Sauce recipe, it had me craving Spaghetti all over again! I made it last week and it was exactly what I thought it would be… Perfect!
Easy Spaghetti Sauce
Easy and delicious homemade Spaghetti Sauce! My family loves this recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- In a large pot, combine ground beef and all ingredients except tomato sauce. Stir and break up the ground beef over medium-high heat, until fully cooked.
- Slowly stir in the tomato sauce and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer 1 to 2 hours. Serve over spaghetti or your favorite noodles. Enjoy!
- FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Prepare and cook sauce according to above directions. Let cool then place in a jumbo-size freezer ziplock bag. Freeze up to 2 months. To reheat: Place bag in the fridge to thaw. Place sauce in a large pot and cook over medium-high heat until heated through.