Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls are filled with seasoned ground turkey, jasmine rice, black beans and lettuce. The addition of cherry tomatoes and corn add a small burst of flavor. Add your favorite taco toppings to complete the salad!
Taco salad meal prep bowls are filled with seasoned ground turkey, jasmine rice, black beans and of course, lettuce. The addition of fresh cherry tomatoes and corn add a small burst of juicy flavor. To complete the taco salad, you can add your favorite taco toppings: sour cream, salsa, cheese, etc. The options are really endless!
These salads are made with fresh and lighter ingredients, and filled with protein, fiber and healthy fats. So if you’re looking for meals to thin out the thighs AND taste delicious, this one is for you!
You can have these pre-made meals ready for the next few days and you only need around 30 minutes to do so. Talk about time saving! I love that you can make a large batch, store it in the fridge and it will stay good for about 3 days. Lunch or dinner is taken care of so there’s no need to stress about what you’re going to eat.
When I know that I have these yummy and healthy little meals waiting for me in my fridge it makes me less tempted to hit up a fast food restaurant. It also helps save money and that’s a big plus in my book! 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY MEALS YOU MAY LIKE:
Hawaiian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
Oven Roasted Chicken and Veggies
One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (I use 93 % lean)
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (I use the Uncle Ben's 'Ready Rice' bags)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- green leaf lettuce
- Toppings: salsa, light sour cream, light dressing, etc.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, add ground turkey and sprinkle taco seasoning over the top. Cook and crumble turkey, over medium-high heat, until thoroughly cooked.
- Take four individual meal prep bowls/containers (I buy mine off Amazon) or any microwave-safe container with lids. Divide the cooked ground turkey evenly between the four bowls.
- Then divide the black beans, corn, rice and tomatoes between the bowls so each bowl has equal amounts. (Make sure turkey has cooled down before closing with lids.) Place each bowl, covered with their lids, in the fridge to store for up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat, remove lids and microwave in 40 second increments until warmed through. Top each bowl with desired amount of green leaf lettuce and your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
One thought on “Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls”
The hardest part for me when I started meal prepping was convincing myself that I wasn’t eating leftovers. I always saved my left overs for my son but rarely would I ever touch them.
eventually I broke down and purchased both these RECTANGULAR containers as well as the two sections ones. I also purchased 2 OZ cups with lids for any condiments. Once I started doing that, these meals didn’t feel like leftovers at all. They felt like I ordered from a restaurant.