I’ve been dreaming of these bites of deliciousness ever since I made them. Sliced tomatoes baked with parmesan cheese, herbs and a little olive oil. They’re heaven sent! 🙂 So simple yet amazingly good. Definitely my kind of appetizer.
These tomatoes are great served alone, or would be fab put between two slices of toasted bread! I think that’s what I’m doing next time. Talk about delish!
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced into thirds
- ½ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (or ½ teaspoon dried oregano)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Lay tomatoes onto the baking sheet, cut side up. Top each tomato with Parmesan cheese, oregano and salt and pepper. Drizzle the tablespoon of olive oil evenly over all the tomatoes.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Makes: 12
Recipe adapted from: Food.Com