Baked Parmesan Tomatoes are delicious red tomatoes with Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs and olive oil baked over the top. These are incredible!
I’ve been dreaming of these ever since I first made them. They are sliced tomatoes baked with parmesan cheese, herbs and a little olive oil. They’re heaven sent! 🙂 So simple yet so good. Definitely my kind of appetizer.
I love when a recipe is simple yet packed full of flavor. These tomatoes are that and then some! They’re great alone, or would be fabulous placed between two slices of toasted bread. Yum! I think that’s what I’m doing next time. Talk about delicious! 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chunky Peach Salsa
Jalapeño Popper Dip
Cheesy Bacon Rotel Cups
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes sliced into 3 thick slices, each
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Lay tomatoes onto the baking sheet, cut side up. Top each tomato with Parmesan cheese, oregano and salt and pepper. Drizzle the tablespoon of olive oil evenly over all the tomatoes.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Yields: 12 tomatoes slices. Serves 4 to 6.
7 thoughts on “Baked Parmesan Tomatoes”
I didn’t used to like tomatoes, but recently I’ve been trying to like them! These look like a great way for my to prepare tomatoes in a way that I could handle! haha I mean I can’t say no to something covered in cheese!
Alyssa, these tomatoes are really amazing! I bet you’ll love them 🙂
These look great! I’m a new fan of your blog, and I’ve already tried a few recipies, and I absolutely love them!
I can’t wait to make these. I think they would would great as a side dish too, perhaps with some chicken!
Brilliant idea! It’s so simple but perfect. 🙂 I like how you can keep it carb free if you want, but that it will also taste just as good if you want it on top of toast. 🙂
I just stumbled across your blog and love it! These baked parmesan tomatoes look mouthwateringly good! Simple foods are often the best, aren’t they? 🙂
I made these today and they are delicious. I have never eaten a tomato like this before. Thank you for the recipe.