There is one word to describe The Best Bruschetta- delicious! This appetizer takes only a few minutes to put together and will put a smile on anyones face!
Hi friends! It’s Kathryn from Kathryn’s Kitchen here to share with you one of my very favorite recipes. Bruschetta! There is one word to describe The Best Bruschetta recipe- delicious! This Italian appetizer takes a few minutes to put together and it will put a smile on anyone’s face! Bruschetta is so simple, easy and it tastes so fresh. It is best when the tomatoes are sweet. Bruschetta is a common Italian appetizer that is usually served before any meal. There are also many different toppings you can put on the bread, but this tomato Brushcehtta is my favorite.
You can serve this Bruschetta pretty much for any event, because who doesn’t love Italian food?! This will definitely please any crowd. Preparing the tomato mixture and refrigerating it a day before you plan to serve it is doable with this recipe. It will allow more time for the tomatoes to marinate. I could probably eat this every day and be the happiest girl..anyone else with me on that?
The Best Bruschetta
- 1 french baguette; cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 cups of fresh cherry tomatoes; quartered
- 6 fresh basil leaves; thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic; minced
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice bread and place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Lightly drizzle bread slices with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- In a medium bowl, add the quartered tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, oil and vinegar. Mix until thoroughly incorporated. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes so the flavors can settle in.
- Once the bread is toasted, spoon about 2 Tbsp. of tomato mixture on each slice, repeat, and enjoy!