Caprese Lasagna Rolls are unbelievably delicious. They have all the wonderful components of classic lasagna and more! The tomato, basil and Mozzarella cheese packs these rolls with flavor!
Sometimes you just need a little Italian food in your life like these Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups! They are undeniably delicious meatless lasagna rolls packed with tomato, basil and mozzarella cheese. One of the greatest food combinations everrrr. The flavor is so good and only leaves you wanting more.
I already have a recipe for Lasagna Roll Ups, and although they are very delicious, I think this Caprese version is my new favorite. I also made some amazing cheesy garlic rolls to go with it. Those are a must-make too!
MORE LASAGNA RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded, low-moisture Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Basil
- 1 cup prepared Marinara Sauce, recipe below
- Marinara Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed Tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil lasagna noodles in large pot of water, according to package directions. Drain the water and place the noodles in a single layer on a large sheet of wax/parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Ricotta cheese and egg white. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese. Season with black pepper. (Don't add any salt, the cheese already has plenty in it)
- Spread ¼ cup of cheese mixture onto each lasagna noodle. Then add 3 slices of tomato on top of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with a little fresh basil over the top. Tightly roll lasagna noodles to the opposite end. Repeat process with all the lasagna noodles.
- Spread ½ cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Align the lasagna roll ups, seam side down in the dish. Top each roll up with 2-3 tablespoons of marinara sauce, making sure to cover all of the edges. Sprinkle with remaining shredded Mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve roll ups with more chopped basil. Serve warm.
- Marinara Sauce: Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat. Add onions to oil and saute about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, stir and cook for another minute. Pour in crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let sauce simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Yields: 8 lasagna roll ups
Recipe adapted from: Cooking Classy