This Best Peach Cobbler recipe is absolutely delicious and made with fresh ingredients. This is the dessert you will want to make a lot during the summer!
Hey friends! I am SO excited to share this recipe today. First of all, I know calling a recipe “the best” is pretty bold. I usually don’t like to do it on my blog, but when I truly “feel” something is the best I am going to say it! 🙂
This is THE BEST PEACH COBBLER recipe my taste buds have ever enjoyed. And I have had a lot of cobbler in my days. It’s one of my favorite desserts during the summer time. I adore a good cobbler made over a camp fire in the dutch oven, BUT when you’re chilling at home with no camp this is the way to make an amazing cobbler!
This Peach Cobbler dessert is a must-make. I am begging, pleading with you to try this recipe and then thank me after. 😉 haha No seriously, though. It came in and stole my original favorite peach cobbler that was made with a cake mix.
I remember like it was yesterday when my friend Crystal had me over for a summer barbecue and made a peach cobbler using a box cake mix. I thought it was the greatest dessert EVER! BUT after I made this one I will never go back. This one is made with real ingredients and I think that’s what makes it so delicious. It’s so fresh AND so worth every single calorie!
P.S. If you don’t have access to fresh peaches or if peaches are out of season- don’t fret. You can totally make this with canned peach slices (it’s actually how I made it when I took pictures for this post) and it is still FAN-FREAKIN’-TASTIC!!
MORE FRUIT DESSERT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
The Best Peach Cobbler
- 3 cups sliced peaches (fresh is best, but canned peaches works great too)
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread sliced peaches out in a single layer in prepared dish. Sprinkle tops of peaches with 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric hand-mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt (and nutmeg if using). Mix. Then add in egg and vanilla. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.)
- Using a spatula, carefully spread batter over the tops of peaches. Trying to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the peaches. (I use my hands to help spread it too.)
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!