This incredible Brownie Pie is overflowing with a chocolate brownie filling over a buttery flaky crust. Serve each slice warm with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot fudge!
Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? Yes, it is. I, however, like to test boundaries when it comes to treats. I enjoy seeing how many good things I can put together to create one really great thing! Brownie Pie is one of the greatest dessert recipes I have made. Decadent, chocolate brownie batter over a buttery pie crust. This pie is rich, sinful and absolutely amazing!
The chocolate brownie base of the pie is so good it should be a sin! It’s everything you love about a fudgy brownie and then some. The pie crust that sits under the brownie center is the added element you didn’t know you needed for your brownies. Buttery and flaky, the crust adds a whole new layer of flavor and texture. You may never go back to your regular old brownie recipe if you give this one a try.
HOW MANY DOES THE RECIPE SERVE?
This pie makes 8 servings. If you have a family of 8 this dessert is perfect to make. If your family is larger perhaps you could cut each piece slightly smaller. I should really emphasize the word rich when I talk about this pie. A little piece can go a long way!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THE PIE?
A slice of Brownie Pie served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream may be one of my most blissful dessert moments. You know the kind where you close your eyes and know you’ve found your happy place? 🙂 For a little added texture try adding chopped nuts. If you have a big sweet tooth mix in chocolate chips, or pieces of toffee.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY DESSERT FAVORITES!
Caramel Cream Pie – A sweet and creamy caramel pie that is light in texture and large in flavor.
S’mores Cookie Bars – Marshmallow and chocolate filling sandwiched between graham cookie bars.
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – A decadent layered dessert with a creamy cheesecake filling.
Oreo Pudding Poke Cake – A chocolate cake soaked in Oreo pudding with a fluffy whipped cream frosting and crushed Oreos.
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust/dough, unbaked (I use the Pillsbury brand of crust) OR use a homemade pie crust to fit a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- 1 cup half and half (OR use 1/2 cup whole milk and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream mixed together)
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large whole eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press and form the refrigerated pie dough (or homemade pie dough) into the deep dish pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, heat the half and half, butter and semi-sweet chocolate until melted. Stir to combine. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add both sugars, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture. Beat until combined.Add the cocoa, flour and salt. Beat again until combined and smooth. Don't over mix. Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate. Spread out evenly.
- Bake pie for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (*The filling will rise higher than the pie plate as it bakes. This is okay. It will deflate and fill the pan as it cools.)Cool pie then slice. Serve with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge, if desired.
2 thoughts on “Brownie Pie”
Just want to say I love your blog but have never left a comment. My last name is also Lofthouse! From Utah. 🙂 Definitley going to try this recipe, my husband would love it for his birthday.
Thank you so much. I’m so happy you love my blog! Thanks for commenting. Always love meeting another Lofthouse too 🙂 xo