Caramel Cream Pie is a sweet and creamy pie that is perfect for any caramel lover. This dessert is light in body and large in caramel flavor.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world, those who prefer chocolate and those who prefer caramel. I like to consider myself an equal opportunist when it comes to both, but I have some family members who will take caramel over chocolate any day of the week. My Caramel Cream Pie is such a hit with them that we’ve started to replace birthday cakes with this dessert.
This recipe is extra amazing because it’s essentially 2 desserts in 1. The base for this pie is sugar cookie dough. I’m telling you it takes this caramel dream to the next level! A thick caramel sauce and toffee bits at the base ensure that each bit is stacked full of goodness.
Caramel Cream Pie has a heavenly balance between texture and flavor. It is so light and airy, and also bold and rich on the palate. Every bite is like a little cloud packed with creamy decadence. Serve a slice of this at your next family party and watch even the chocolate lovers swoon.
DO I CHILL THE PIE BEFORE SERVING?
Yes, I recommend chilling in your fridge at least a few hours before serving.
HOW MANY DOES THE PIE SERVE?
Recipe yields 8 servings.
CAN I ADD NUTS?
Of course, try adding peanuts, cashews, or almonds as a garnish.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie – A warm, soft, gooey chocolate chip in pie form!
Maple Pie – A creamy and luscious pie that serves a rich and sweet maple flavor straight from Canada.
Butterfinger Pie – A no-bake pie that serves up delicious Butterfinger’s in a creamy decadent pie.
Asphalt Pie – A frozen mint chocolate chip ice cream pie with an Oreo cookie crust.
Caramel Cream Pie
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup toffee bits, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce, divided (I use the Ghirardelli brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Let the cooke dough sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes to slightly soften. Once dough is soft, press evenly into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.Press 1/2 cup of the toffee bits evenly onto the dough. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let crust cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand-mixer. Add 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce, and beat until combined. In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric hand-mixer; while gradually adding the granulated sugar. Continue to beat until soft peaks form. Divide the whipped cream in half. Fold one half into the cream cheese/caramel mixture. (Save the other half of whipped cream for the top of the pie.)
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cooled sugar cookie crust; spreading out evenly. Spread remaining whipped cream over the top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits and drizzle with the rest of the caramel.Place in refrigerator to chill at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
3 thoughts on “Caramel Cream Pie”
made this years ago amazing it is also good using the fudge or chocolate ice cream sauce and roasted pecans
Yum, those additions sound delicious!
Made for Thanksgiving, was really good! Left out the toffee bits since we don’t care for them. Would make again!