My husband and I have a favorite restaurant we go to on date nights, and he always orders the garlic mashed potatoes. They’re SO good I usually have to take a bite or two. 🙂 The last time we ate there he asked me why I never make garlic mashed potatoes at home? I answered back honestly, “I have no idea.” haha. So I guess it was time I did.
These Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes are packed with flavor and a new-found favorite in our home. I was so happy with the end result. The garlic powder used makes them extra easy to make and creates the perfect garlic flavor. The potatoes were perfectly creamy and the gravy was so delicious. They will be making their next appearance on our dinner table very soon. 🙂
Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Creamy Parmesan mashed potatoes with perfect garlic flavor. These potatoes are the ultimate side dish!
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 chicken bullion cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For Potatoes: Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender. Drain water.
- Place potatoes back in pot. Mash with a potato masher or electric hand-mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in butter, milk and sour cream. Add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- For Gravy: Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together for about one minute or until golden-brown. Whisk in water, milk, crushed bullion cubes and pepper. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until thickened.
- Serve over mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Yields: 6 to 8 servings
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!