Twice Baked Potato Casserole is a comforting side dish loved by many. It’s filled with creamy potatoes, cheese and crispy bacon. I like to make this for holidays and potlucks!
I don’t know what could be a better side dish than one that’s loaded with creamy potatoes, lots of cheese and crispy bacon. YUM! That’s what this comforting Twice Baked Potato Casserole is all about and more.
For Easter Sunday I baked us a ham and made some of these delicious potatoes. I think they were the biggest hit at our dinner table. 🙂
I tried to prepare most of our holiday dinner in advance, so I made these the night before up until the baking point. Instead of baking them I covered them in saran wrap and placed them in the fridge.
It was so nice to just pop them in the oven when we were ready to eat dinner. It saved me a lot of time so I could enjoy the holiday more with my family.
These potatoes are so yummy and creamy. I love the green onions you sprinkle on top. They give this casserole even more fantastic flavor.
This recipe is one that can easily be cut in half if you don’t need a lot. It’s just one more great thing about this recipe! I hope you give it a try very soon.
MORE DELICIOUS POTATO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 8 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter 3/4 cup, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk I use 2%
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- *Place butter, sour cream and milk on the counter top so they're not so cold when adding them to the potatoes.
- Clean and scrub potatoes. Then poke a few holes over them with a fork. Wrap each potato in foil. Place potatoes on the center rack in oven and bake for 45 minutes. Carefully remove potatoes from oven (please handle carefully they will be hot!). Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet, over low heat, until crispy. Carefully remove hot bacon and place on a paper-towel lined plate to soak up grease and to cool. Chop the bacon into small pieces. Set aside.
- Remove the skins from the cooked potatoes then place potatoes in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher until creamy. Add the butter, sour cream and milk to potatoes. Mash again to combine everything. Stir in half the crumbled bacon. Spread potato mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top potatoes with the shredded cheese and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is bubbly. Carefully remove from oven. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Top with sliced green onions and serve. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!