I LOVE cupcakes! But, who doesnt? I also love candy bars and thought how cool and delish would it be to throw some mini candy bars in a cupcake batter!
I also have been on the hunt for a bakery like frosting and I think I created it along with these cupcakes! Whenever I taste a cake or cupcake from a local bakery I just cant seem to figure out how they do it. What gives the frosting that texture and delicious flavor? There are a lot of great recipes out there, and everytime I tried them I’m always a little disappointed. Some of them are with flour (which I feel is weird in a frosting) Some of them call for shortening (YUCK!), and some of them tell you to beat it ’til the sun dont shine.. and me being all about easy and fast, I dont have time for that!
This frosting is SO EASY and super delicious! I think the whipping cream is what makes this frosting a winner! This is now the one I will always make! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
The cupcakes turned out really good as well. I actually tried a bunch of different kinds of candy bars. Twix, Rolos, Snickers and Milky Way. They were all great. I was sad that they do sink down to the bottom, but who cares! With the last bite of your cupcake, you get an extra surprise with a big bite of candy car! Thumbs up for me!
- 1 box (18oz) cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- small box instant pudding (I used chocolate w/ Devils Food cake mix & vanilla w/ Vanilla cake mix)
- 24 mini candy bars of your choice (Snickers, Milky Way, Rolos)
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 sticks of Butter (1 cup), room temperature (make sure to use REAL butter)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Whipping Cream
- FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING– Add in 1/4 cup of cocoa