Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps are everything you love about a burger but without the carbs. You won’t even miss the bread with how delicious these are!
Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps… Mmmm. Why are they so dang delicious? 😀 Even when I’m trying to eat lighter I still won’t deny myself a cheeseburger. That’s when these lettuce wrapped babies make an appearance!
A flavorful burger topped with cheese, tomato, and a mouth-watering spread is always a winning combo. Wrap it up in a nice piece of lettuce and you won’t even miss the bun. I know you should not use lean ground beef if you want juicy burgers, but when I’m trying to watch calories I use 93% lean beef for these and they are still amazing as ever. I add a few extra things that make these burgers so yummy!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? TRY MORE OF OUR FAVORITE BURGERS:
Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 large heads iceburg or romaine lettuce rinsed then dried
- 2 tomatoes sliced thin
- small red onion sliced thin
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle relish
- dash of salt and pepper
- Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper and oregano.
- Divide mixture into 6 sections then roll each into a ball. Press each ball down flat to form a patty.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. (If using a skillet, only cook 3 at a time to avoid over-crowding.)
- Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger. Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top with spread, one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and serve. Enjoy!
- Spread: In a small bowl mix together all the spread ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.