Yes, I am still alive! Sorry for being MIA in the recipe posting department. We moved this past week and are so excited to be in our new house! I’m extra happy that we are done with the move. It was no fun… at all. Moving in 100+ degree weather is something I hope I never have to do again.
I decided to kick-off this week with an awesome recipe, perfect for Summer grilling! This is a French Onion Burger, and it is the most delicious thing in the world. This burger has the works!! It is stuffed full of creamy carmelized onions, barbecue sauce, potato chips and pickles. TO.DIE.FOR! *drool*
French Onion Burgers
A burger filled with the works! This burger is packed with all kinds of flavor!
For the Carmelized Onions
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bullion granules
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For the Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Hamburger buns
- 4 cheese slices Cheddar or Swiss
- Barbecue sauce
- Potato chips regular or Ruffled
- Dill pickles
- Start by making the carmelized onions. Thinly slice the onion. Melt butter in a large saute pan, over medium high heat. Add the onions, and stir so melted butter coats onions. Cover the pan, and tilt the lid slightly so the steam can escape. Stir onions every few minutes. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until onions are a golden color.
- While onions are cooking, start making your burgers. Place the ground beef in a large bowl. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the hamburger and then crack the egg over the top. Using clean hands, mix all together thoroughly. Form 4 patties, and then fire up the grill! Cook burgers to your liking. Add the cheese on top when burgers are almost done. Let the cheese melt slightly, and place burgers on a platter. Cover to keep warm.
- While the burgers are grilling, finish making the carmelized onions. Mix together the water, and beef bullion granules. Pour over the golden onions. Turn the heat to high and let the onions simmer until most of the water evaporates. Remove pan from heat. Stir in the sour cream. Mix until combined.
- To build the burgers: Take one cheeseburger and place on top of bottom bun, then add the barbecue sauce, carmelized onions, potato chips, pickles and top with other bun.
- Serve and enjoy!