Cheesy Hamburger Skillet is a go-to dinner recipe that’s so easy to make, cheesy and satisfying. My kids ask for this one a lot!
I am super excited about today’s recipe! This is Cheesy Hamburger Skillet and it is lip-smackin’, family-friendly comfort food.
The recipe comes from my good friend Stacey Little’s new cookbook Southern Bite! I was totally honored when I was asked to review his book. Before I even opened it, I knew it would be amazing. Stacey’s food blog SouthernBite.com has been a favorite of mine for years now.
His recipes are all down-home, family-friendly meals and dishes. Not only are his recipes spectacular, but they’re easy to make, too. We all know my love of simple recipes, and he has many!
When I started going through Stacey’s book I was hooked instantly. It was so hard to decide which recipe I would share today. I ended up going with the Cheesy Hamburger Skillet because I knew it would be great, and most importantly, my kids would eat it.
It was a winner, for sure!
Cheesy Hamburger Skillet
- 1 ½ cups elbow noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 paket brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed cheese soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tomato, chopped (optional)
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- In a medium-size pot, bring water to a boil and add the elbow noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef with the onion, until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the brown gravy mix and water. Stir and cook until combined.Next, add the cooked noodles, cheese soup and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until mixture is thoroughly heated through and combined; about 5 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve with chopped tomato and green onion, if desired.