This Cheesy Ranch Chicken Pasta is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner! It is cheesy ranch heaven, and so simple to throw together. Whenever I’m looking for a quick and comforting meal to make, I usually turn to pasta. It’s always a pleaser. Especially, with the kiddos. This one had everyone begging for seconds!
We quickly loved all the flavors and comfort in this ranch chicken pasta dish. The ranch seasoning gives it just the right amount of flavor, and the cheddar cheese and bacon only added to it’s deliciousness! I served ours with some roasted broccoli so it wasn’t such a naughty dinner. 😉
Ever since I’ve made it, my kids ask for it all the time. That’s a mom-win to me!
Cheesy Ranch Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces dried penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 packet 1 ounce dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add dried pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, heat butter over medium-high heat, in a large skillet. Add the chicken pieces, and cook until no longer pink. About 10 minutes.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, sprinkle the flour and packet of ranch seasoning over the chicken. Stir. Pour milk into the skillet, and continue to stir and cook until mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and bacon pieces. Stir until cheese melts.Add the cooked pasta to mixture and stir to combine. Serve immediately!
FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Prepare and cook according to above instructions. Cool, then place in a freezer-safe dish. Freeze up to 2 months. To Reheat: Place container in fridge to thaw safely, up to 24 hours. Place contents in a large skillet, cook over medium-high heat or until heated through.
Recipe source: Cassie Craves