Chicken Cheesesteak Baked Potatoes have all the flavors of the classic sandwich served over baked potatoes. So easy, so delicious!
When a Chicken Cheesesteak cheats on a hoagie bun with a baked potato this is what you’ll get; the yummiest dinner in the whole wide world! Yep, I’m serious. These potatoes are amazing!
I’ve been craving naughty foods ever since this diet of mine started (of course). A cheesesteak sandwich has been invading my brain in particular, so I got to thinking, I can get what I want I’ll just have to make it healthier. Swapping chicken for the steak was the first step, and instead of the bread how about putting all the fillings on a plain baked potato!?
Well friends, I was right. Oh, was I right!
We loved every. single. bite of these amazing potatoes. Ground chicken, bell peppers, onion, a little cheese and TONS of flavor.. They were everything I was craving and they’re healthy-er! Please take my word for it and put these babies on your dinner menu as soon as possible. 🙂
Chicken Cheesesteak Baked Potatoes
- 4 to 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes clean with water. Dry with paper towels. Wrap each potato with foil and then pierce holes with a fork for venting. Bake potatoes for 1 hour. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Once potatoes are cooked, start on the chicken filling. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat add the ground chicken. Season with pepper and cook and crumble chicken. After about 8 minutes, add the sliced onion and bell peppers. Continue to cook and stir until onion and bell peppers are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about another 10 minutes.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and soy sauce to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Continue to stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Carefully, slice each potato down the center and then squeeze both ends to open. Scoop chicken mixture into each potato. Top with cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy! ♥