Tis’ the season of healthy meals, and attempts at weight loss. I have a few pounds to lose myself, so I’m wanting easy and waist-friendly recipes. These Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas sounded right up my alley. There’s not much work to them. Just some slicing of veggies and chicken and then pop it in the oven and let it do the cooking for you.
These Fajitas were so delicious! We wrapped ours inside small flour tortillas and added some low-fat sour cream and salsa. I devoured two in no time. I loved the flavors of the spices, and the chicken and vegetables were cooked perfectly. They will most definitely be added to the monthly dinner rotation!
Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced (seeds removed)
- 12 small flour tortillas
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken strips into the baking dish. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, oregano and garlic powder. Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are fork tender. Serve with tortillas and you favorite toppings! Enjoy ♥