This delicious Red Velvet Trifle has layers of red velvet cake, cream cheese deliciousness, strawberries and blueberries. It’s the perfect dessert you can serve for any occasion!
I can’t believe Independence Day is only 2 days away! I am so excited to barbecue and light off fireworks with my family. We are all stocked up in the firework department. Kale always goes all out buying more than what we need- but it’s fine by me. It’s going to be a fun night!
I love making a fun dessert for us to enjoy after our 4th of July dinner. This year it’s going to be this patriotic RED VELVET TRIFLE! This delicious trifle has layers of red velvet cake, cream cheese deliciousness, strawberries and blueberries. It’s the perfect red, white and blue treat to serve on the holiday.
This fun trifle is really simple to make and is sure to be a hit no matter when you serve it! This dessert would be great at any Valentines, Christmas or any party for that matter. I’m looking forward to making it a lot!
MORE CAKE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Red Velvet Trifle
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix (plus eggs, oil and water the package calls for)
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- Prepare and bake cake, according to package directions, using two 9-inch round cake pans. Make sure to grease pans very well so cakes can be removed easily. Let cakes cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer. Add vanilla and whipping cream. Continue to beat until thickened, creamy and combined.
- Place one cake layer into the bottom of a large trifle dish. Spread half of the cream cheese filling over cake. Top cake with blueberries in a single layer.
- Place second cake over blueberries. Spread the remaining cream cheese frosting over cake. Top with strawberry halves and a few more blueberries. Cover and chill trifle in fridge until ready to serve.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD