Strawberry Chocolate Pound Cake Trifle is a gorgeous trifle dessert with chocolate, whipped cream and loads of strawberries!
Last Friday, after my girls were out of school, we got together in the kitchen and whipped up this incredible STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE TRIFLE! I’ve come to love being with my girls in the kitchen. Not too long ago it honestly gave me anxiety to have my kids cook with me. Terrible, I know. But it’s the truth. I can be a bit of a control freak, especially when I’m in my element. But I finally realized that some of my fondest memories were cooking with my Mom, so I decided it was time to let go and let them help me.
It’s now becoming a regular thing and I really love it. Kelsey saved me time by slicing up all the strawberries for this heavenly treat. Emma stirred up the pudding mix (and ate a couple spoonfuls while she was at it 😉 ) ha! but we really had fun. I love my girls.
Okay, so back to the dessert. Desserts don’t get much easier than this! It’s one of the reasons I love trifles so much. This one only requires 4 ingredients- pound cake, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and strawberries. Easy peasy and SO dang delicious! I think I’m going to make it again for Easter Sunday. IF I can wait that long. 😉
- 2 (3.4 oz.) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (16 oz.) boxes Sara Lee pound cake, thawed
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries (slice before measuring)
- 8 ounces fresh whipped cream or 8 ounces cool whip
- Prepare pudding mixes according to package directions with the milk. Place pudding in the fridge to set/thicken.
- Slice pound cake into squares. Place one layer of pound cake into the bottom of a glass trifle or dessert bowl. Spread 2 cups of pudding evenly over the first layer of poundcake. Spread 2 cups of whipped cream evenly over the pudding.
- Spread 2 cups of sliced strawberries over the whipped cream. Repeat layers again- poundcake, pudding, whipped cream and top with strawberries.
- Serve immediately!