Lemon Pudding Cake is a fluffy yellow cake that bakes over the top of creamy lemon pudding. This creates a moist, light and incredible cake that is filled with lemon flavor!
Oh dear friends, this lemon cake I’m sharing today is unbelievable! Lemon Pudding Cake is a light and delicious cake filled full of lemon flavor! A yellow fluffy cake bakes over the top of creamy lemon pudding creating a moist, light and incredible cake. If you are a true fan of lemon then this cake is for you. 🙂
I love a good savory lemon recipe. Lemon Garlic Steak Bites, Crispy Lemon Garlic Chicken & Veggies and Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken are all big favorites of mine. But when it comes to lemon desserts- they are my ultimate weakness!
This cake is not rich or heavy at all. It is light as a feather and the lemon pudding makes it so creamy. It almost melts in your mouth. I can see this cake being served at many summer time parties and get togethers. I can almost guarantee you will be asked for the recipe.
When I made it I couldn’t decide to serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. I chose the easy route and went with whipped cream. Every bite was magical! Next time, and there will definitely be a next time, I am going to serve it while it’s still warm with big scoops of vanilla ice cream. Yum.
I hope you all put this on your must try list. You will not regret it!
MORE DELICIOUS CAKE RECIPES YOU’LL WANT TO TRY:
Lemon Pudding Cake
Lemon Pudding Cake
- 1 box (15 ounces) lemon cake mix (I used a Betty Crock cake mix)
- Ingredients called for on cake mix (eggs, oil, water)
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces, each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cold milk I use 2%
- 1 cup water
- Powdered sugar
- Cool whip thawed
- Fresh whipped cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fresh lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter, according to package directions. Spread batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, add dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water. Whisk together for 2 minutes. Pour pudding mixture evenly over the top of cake batter. (Don’t spread.)
- Bake cake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (My cake took 1 hour and 3 minutes to fully bake.)
- Carefully remove cake from oven. Let stand and cool 20 minutes before slicing. The pudding will thicken as it stands.
- Serve each slice with fresh whipped cream, ice cream or whatever you desire. Enjoy!