Some of my favorite blogging friends and I are throwing a Surprise Virtual Baby Shower for our friend Mandy, who blogs over at Mandy’s Recipe Box. Mandy is due in just a few weeks, so we all wanted to celebrate and share some delicious food in her honor!
I adore Mandy and am so happy I’ve got to know her through the yummy food blogging world. We first ‘met’ 2 years ago, when I came across one of her recipes over at Tasty Kitchen’s website. I clicked on the link to her blog and instantly fell in-love with it! She had so many recipes I wanted to make.
We have a lot in common. We both have 3 children. 2 girls and 1 boy (excluding her bun in the oven) and both named our youngest daughters Emma. We also share the same sense of humor, love of food, and religious beliefs. I know if Mandy and I lived closer to each other we’d be real BFF’s 🙂
So to you, Miss Mandy, I want to say Congratulations and wish you the best of luck when your little one arrives. I wish we lived closer so I could help you out, bring you dinners, and babysit when you need a break… or a nap! ♥
Now, let’s party! I brought the cookies….
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 Tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons vegetable shortening at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add butter, shortening and sugar to the bowl of an electric stand mixer and mix on medium speed until very fluffy, about 3 or so minutes. Add egg, egg yolk and mix until combined. Then add vinegar, vanilla and food coloring. Mix until well blended.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Scoop dough out by the heaping Tablespoonful, and roll into balls. Place balls on a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press about 4-5 more white chocolate chips into the top of each ball. Being careful not to flatten the balls.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Calories: 4990kcal | Carbohydrates: 662g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 244g | Saturated Fat: 119g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 108g | Trans Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 632mg | Sodium: 2432mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 435g